Friday, December 4, 2009

Kryptonite Rock and Easy-Show Projector!

dsch_superman_kryptnoite

Here's one of those 1970s items that was advertised in both DC and Marvel books, amazingly enough!

easyshow_superman

I'd alluded to the Kenner Easy-Show Projector a number of days ago... here's the model that featured a Superman cartridge! The cartridges (if I understand them correctly) were kind of a film loop (much like the other movie viewer items I've shown here), but none of them (so far as I know) had sound! Heck, this one required you to crank it by hand -- later versions were motorized.

3 comments:

Jim Thompson said...

I did have a Superman one--b/w or color of the tv cartoon, though I hazily recall one maybe had the George Reeves version?? Yes, they were a film loop on a cartridge, quite easy to use (hence the name), it's funny to see a posting of an adult collector who couldn't figure out how to thread them, decades later! I did so easily as a kid. I removed all my films in the early 70s, spliced them together on a standard 8mm reel, and that's in storage. Some YouTube site claims it was only out circa 1966, but I had a Lancelot Link cartridge, and that tv show was long after that year. (the LL film also had one subtitle error, as I recall). There was a spring that could mess up if you cranked it the wrong way, but it was ingeniously designed. Now I'm trying to track back to get info on some horror film viewer toy from that era that I do not know the name of!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how much one of those kryponite rocks would be worth right now. I know they don't have a Superman logo, but you say it was advertised in DC so I was wondering if they are worth more than they look.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how much one of those kryponite rocks would be worth right now. I know they don't have a Superman logo, but you say it was advertised in DC so I was wondering if they are worth more than they look.