Saturday, August 8, 2009

8" Mego Action Figures!

Seems appropriate that on 8/8, I present Mego's 8" Superman-related figures!

8_mxybox 8_mxyzptlk

I'm not sure why Mr. Mxyzptlk was the only Superman villain done in this scale... seems to me that Luthor would've made a better addition to the line. Like most of the Megos, Mxy was available on card or in the box. I believe the carded figures were first, but I could be misremembering.

8_secretidentities.JPG

The Secret Identity figures (which included Clark Kent) were an exclusive item available only from the catalog of either Sears or Ward's.

8_superfoesdisplay.jpg

This box was what stores received the boxed figures in, making a built-in display. There can't be too many of these out there!

8_supergirl_card.JPG
8_supergirlbox.JPG

Here's Supergirl in the card and box versions. I can't help but think the figure would've been improved by not having the "panty hose" leggings on it. The Wonder Woman figure had the same affliction.

8_superman_card.JPG
8_supermanbox

And last, but not least, here's Superman himself!

I've always wondered why Mego didn't do a Superboy figure, or other Superman villains... Brainiac seems to me would've been an obvious addition to the line.

No comments: